With our comfortable environment, patient-friendly technology, and gentle care, many of our patients have been able to overcome the anxiety they once felt about visiting the dentist. Those who need a little extra help with stress relief appreciate our two sedation options in Dallas.
Our dental sedation is:
- Safe – Both types of sedation we offer have been used safely for decades in dentistry. Laughing gas is safe enough even for young children. We carefully monitor you the entire time you’re in our care.
- Easy to Receive – Neither of our sedation methods involves a needle. If you choose laughing gas, you’ll breathe it in through a small mask. If you opt for an oral sedative, you’ll simply take a prescription pill.
- Effective – No matter which of our two methods you choose, you’ll remain relaxed throughout your treatment. In fact, sedation makes it easier to remain still during lengthy treatments or to undergo multiple procedures in a single visit.
For a relaxed appointment, call (972) 440-1980.
Understand Your Choices for Dental Sedation
Dr. Michael Hardcastle will review your medical history, your experiences with dental anxiety, and other factors to help determine which kind of dental sedation will work best for your situation. Here are some factors he will discuss with you:
- Level of Awareness – You’ll enjoy a pleasant euphoria with laughing gas, but you will remain largely aware of your surroundings. An oral sedative makes you less aware of sights, smells, and sounds around you. You’ll be able to communicate with our team either way.
- Method of Administration – Because you inhale it through a mask, we can easily adjust the amount of laughing gas you receive during your procedure.
- Time to Take Effect – It typically takes 30 to 60 minutes to fully feel an oral sedative’s effects. Because of this, patients often take it before arriving for treatment and have someone else drive them to our office. Laughing gas takes effect within just a few minutes.
- Aftereffects – You will remain groggy for several hours after you’ve taken an oral sedative. You’ll need to have someone drive you home. Laughing gas wears off quickly, so you will be able to drive.
For more information on our sedation options in Dallas, call (972) 440-1980.