Don’t let a past bad experience at the dentist or embarrassment over the condition of your teeth prevent you from visiting our office. We make relieving dental anxiety in Dallas a priority so you’re never tempted to skip the care your smile needs.Doctor Hardcastle on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
Dental anxiety is a very common problem. A lot of people, it's the number one reason they don't come to the dentist. We love those patients, because if there's anything I love more than anything, it's restoring hope in dentistry for a person and that there is an option and there's somebody who cares enough to slow down, acknowledge their anxiety, and let them know that helping them become comfortable with what we're going to consider doing is our number one priority. Then that goes back to relationship and understanding what their initial concern is.
Once we can help them with the anxiety through a variety of methods – laughing gas, oral sedation are popular options in our office – we can get through the anxiety very easily with those methods and then move on to the dental work. Then half the time, even with the oral sedation, a lot of times they don't even remember a lot of those procedures, which is a benefit to that anxious patient. And over time, it develops trust and they regained their faith in dentistry and while restoring their mouth to health.
If you feel like you've got that anxiety and you've struggled to find an office that really seems to put you at ease, that they have a plan that's going to help you, we'd love to meet you, and we'd love to discuss the sedation options at Village Dental Care.
Never feel anxious with our:
- Caring Dentist – Since he has been practicing dentistry for more than two decades, Dr. Michael Hardcastle has developed a soothing chairside manner and a gentle touch. He will explain everything to you. He can even use images from our intraoral camera to show you exactly what’s going on in your mouth.
- Non-judgmental Staff – Some people avoid the dentist because they are embarrassed by their poor dental health. Please don’t be! We aren’t here to judge you but to help return your smile to health.
- Patient-Friendly Technology – If you haven’t visited a dentist in a while, you will be surprised by how much dental technology has improved the patient experience. From 3D imaging to a dental laser, high-tech tools ensure your treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
- Two Kinds of Sedation – With two sedation options, our team can handle any level of anxiety.
For a stress-free dental experience, call Village Dental Care at (972) 440-1980.
Stay Relaxed With Comfort Amenities
Jerran C. talks about how Village Dental Care cured his Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
Beforehand, it had been so long since I had been to the dentist. I don't think I really ever had a bad experience. It had just been so long, and I knew I needed to go. And I kept putting it off for this reason or putting it off for that reason, and then I started developing issues that I knew about. I knew I had some cavities and some things going on; I could see it and I could feel it. And that alone started, it increased ... my fear is, 'Okay, well, now it's been so long I feel like I'm going to be judged when I go for not having gone.'
I just kept putting it off further and further, and I finally got to the point to where I knew I had to go, and I knew I had quite a few issues that were going to have to be addressed, and I had never had any type of major dental work done, root canals or anything. I didn't know what to expect, and just that unknown terrified me.
I made my first call, and as soon as I talked to the receptionist on the phone, I told her, I said, 'I'm terrified to even talk to you.' And she said, 'Oh no, don't be scared.' She said, 'You're going to feel right at home.' And just through that conversation with her, I started to feel a little bit better. I knew I'd called the right place.
He wasn't ... it was no longer just the dentist. It was my place where I was going to go. One of the things that was causing so much anxiety is because I was worried about what everybody was going to think. I didn't want to open my mouth because I knew I had a lot of problems in there, and I'm like, 'Okay, you guys are going to see a lot of work that probably needs to be done.' But it wasn't like that. I went back and sat back, and everything was super relaxed, super comfortable.
- Help yourself to a refreshment from our beverage bar
- Watch TV while we work for an entertaining diversion
- Snuggle up with a pillow and a blanket
- Refresh yourself with a warm towel after your treatment
If you do want sedation, you can choose either laughing gas or an oral sedative. Dr. Hardcastle will help you select the method that is best for your situation.
Trust us to help with relieving dental anxiety in Dallas! Call (972) 440-1980 today.