Doctor Hardcastle on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are, oftentimes, the best option for missing teeth because the success rate long term is just unmatched by anything in dentistry. It ranges from anywhere from 95 percent to 96 percent compared to other options, which can be as low as 50 percent long-term success rate. Additionally, it's much more conservative when we don't have to disturb the surrounding teeth. And so it just tends to be the best option for many, many situations.
The benefit of dental implants is that it can help prevent the shifting of teeth, it can help preserve bone that would otherwise be lost after an extraction. And the success rate is better than anything else available in dentistry. So if you have missing teeth, come see us at Village Dental Care, and we can walk you through the possibilities that might include dental implants.
Teeth implants also provide:
- Easy Maintenance – You won’t need any special cleaning solutions with implants. Unlike conventional dentures, your replacement teeth can remain in place while you sleep. You simply care for your smile the way you always have!
- Natural Feel – It can take several months to get used to wearing dentures. In contrast, replacement teeth attached to implants feel like your natural teeth right away.
- Added Confidence – Dentures can shift or slip while you’re eating, talking, or laughing. Since implants are embedded in your jaw, your replacement teeth will stay securely in place. You won’t experience any clicking or other distractions when speaking.
- Long Life – Made of biocompatible materials like titanium, your implants should last a lifetime.
- Dietary Diversity – Since implants give you chewing power similar to what you had before losing teeth, you won’t have any dietary restrictions. Your digestion and overall health will benefit from including crunchy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Receive Your Treatment From an Experienced Implant Dentist
Michael J. talks about his experience getting Dental Implants Read Transcript
I'm one of the individuals that does not have excellent teeth, even as hard as I try to maintain them with cleanings and flossing and Waterpik. I've still had problems with my teeth through my adult life. With that, I've lost some teeth. I've had a few teeth replaced with implants. Having dental implants, there is a level of anxiety when you get one or probably each time that you get one because the process is they have to remove a tooth if that's needed, or if there's a space there, then they don't have to do the extraction. But I've had nothing but great success with everyone and every implant that I've received. I'm very happy that I did it and very comfortable.
After the initial one with Dr. Hardcastle, then I knew the level of work or professionalism that I would receive from him, and it's always been way above, if there's a standard, way above standard.
With Dr. Hardcastle’s expertise and our advanced technology, we offer many kinds of dental implants, including:
- Dental Implants With Crowns – We can attach a dental crown to an implant to replace a single tooth with a lifelike replacement that blends seamlessly into your smile.
- Dental Implants With Bridges – You can replace multiple missing teeth with a dental bridge supported by implants. Using implants eliminates the need to drill into healthy teeth surrounding the gap in your smile.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You can choose dentures that attach directly to implants or dentures that attach to a sturdy metal bar on top of your implants. Depending on the kind of replacement teeth you choose, the dentures will remain in place or you’ll be able to remove them for cleaning.
- Mini Dental Implants – We can often use these smaller versions of full-size implants if your jaw isn’t strong enough to support larger implants.
- Same-Day Smile – Dr. Hardcastle can use as few as four implants to support a full arch of replacement teeth in your upper or lower jaw – or even both. You’ll receive your implants and replacement teeth in a single appointment.