You may not need to worry about wisdom teeth, a third set of molars in the back of your mouth, if they come in properly and there is enough room for them. Often though, wisdom teeth can negatively impact your oral health. For that reason, we may recommend wisdom teeth removal in Dallas.Doctor Hardcastle on Wisdom Teeth Removal Read Transcript
At Village Dental Care, I've got extensive training and experience removing wisdom teeth. Our number one concern is keeping patients comfortable going through that process. It's not an exciting thing to think about, having your wisdom teeth removed, so we take that matter seriously. We have blankets, we have headphones, we have laughing gas to relax patients, some patients for deeper level of relaxation with oral sedation. Whatever it takes for you, that's what we try to do. If you'd like to give us a try at Village Dental Care, we'd love to help you, and we look forward to meeting you.
Extracting your wisdom teeth will:
- Ensure other teeth won’t get crowded by moving out of their proper place
- Make it easier to keep back teeth clean and cavity-free
- Help you avoid pain from impacted or otherwise improperly positioned teeth
- Make it easier to straighten teeth with orthodontic treatment like Invisalign
If you think you may need to have your wisdom teeth removed, call us ASAP at (972) 440-1980.
We’ll Plan Your Wisdom Teeth Surgery With Modern Technology
Advanced technology like digital X-rays and 3D imaging will help Dr. Michael Hardcastle see exactly what is going on with your wisdom teeth. It will reveal potential problems such as:
- Impaction – Impacted teeth are teeth that don’t erupt fully through the gums. This is not only often painful but makes it easier for bacteria to get into your gums. Impacted teeth can also become infected, which can damage your other teeth and even your jaw.
- Decay – Dental decay is especially common since wisdom teeth’s position in the back of your mouth makes it tough to remove bacteria from them.
- Crowding – Since they come in so much later than your other teeth, wisdom teeth can push nearby teeth out of position. This can create issues with your smile’s function and appearance.
Stay Relaxed During Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Wisdom teeth extraction has a scary reputation. So you’ll be glad to know you can receive dental sedation to stay relaxed during your procedure. It will make you less aware of the sights, sounds, and sensations of your wisdom teeth procedure. You can choose:
- Laughing gas, which takes effect fast and wears off quickly too
- Oral sedation, for a deeper level of relaxation
For wisdom teeth removal in Dallas, call Village Dental Care at (972) 440-1980.