With his restorative dentistry expertise, Dr. Michael Hardcastle can often repair even severely damaged teeth – and keeping a tooth when possible is generally the best option for your dental health. Yet sometimes you need tooth removal in Dallas, whether it’s to create room for a tooth replacement option like dentures or to remove a tooth that is affecting other teeth.Doctor Hardcastle on Tooth Removals and Extractions Read Transcript
There are some situations that we discover the tooth is simply not savable. In those situations, extraction is usually the best option to get that patient out of pain or solve the problem. At Village Dental Care, I've had extensive training in all levels of surgery. This is not the practice that we typically refer patients out to see a specialist. Although sometimes that is necessary, the majority of time, we can handle those procedures in this office. So if you feel like you need an extraction or some type of surgery, come visit us at Village Dental Care. We'd love to help you.
A tooth extraction can:
- End pain caused by a damaged or diseased tooth
- Enable you to chew in comfort again
- Prepare your mouth for dentures or other dental restorations
- Relieve dental crowding or similar issues that can negatively impact nearby teeth
- Prevent damage to other teeth and/or gums
If you think you need to have one or more teeth removed, call us today at (972) 440-1980. You can avoid many problems that can lead to an extraction with general dental care like exams and cleanings. Our VIP Club makes these routine services affordable for those without insurance.
We’ll Ensure Your Tooth Extraction Goes Smoothly
Dr. Michael Hardcastle has performed many extractions in his more than two decades as a dentist, including wisdom teeth extractions. Thanks to his experience, you know your procedure is in good hands. He also uses technology like 3D imaging to plan your procedure. In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Amenities like pillows and blankets to help you relax
- A caring team who takes time to answer all your questions
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- A choice of two kinds of sedation if you’re nervous or worried about discomfort
Follow Our Care Tips to Promote Post-Extraction Healing
After your tooth removal procedure, follow our tips to minimize discomfort and encourage healing:
- Plan to take it easy for at least 24 hours.
- Bite down gently on the gauze pad in your mouth; change pads regularly.
- Don’t rinse your mouth, and avoid spitting for 24 hours.
- Gently rinse with warm salt water after 24 hours.
- Do not drink from a straw for at least 24 hours.
- Keep your head elevated when lying down.
- Apply an ice pack for 10 minutes at a time to ease discomfort and discourage swelling.
- Stick to bland, soft foods for a day or two.
For tooth removal in Dallas, call Village Dental Care at (972) 440-1980.