In many cases, when we're dealing with the situation where we're trying to place an implant, there's not adequate bone to support that implant. Fortunately, these days we can actually grow bone; that's called bone grafting. In that case, there's a simple surgical procedure that allows us to add bone and grow new bone. Over a period of time, that bone hardens, and it gives us the strong bone and the adequate supply of bone that we need to support that future dental implant. In other cases, there may be an area in the aesthetic zone, something that shows in your smile, that because of a previously lost tooth, the bone is dissolved away over time. And aesthetically, when that patient smiles, you can tell there's ... it's not right.
So in some cases, we'll add and grow bone through bone grafting for aesthetic purposes too. So there's a lot of reasons that we might offer bone grafting to particular patients. If you feel like you might be a candidate or want to see what the options are related to bone grafting, we'd love to have the opportunity to discuss that with you here at Village Dental Care.
A bone grafting procedure will:
- Restore bone structure so your face looks fuller and younger
- Make your jawbone stronger after tooth loss or periodontal disease
- Strengthen your jaw so it can better support dental implants
- Prevent the unattractive sunken look that results from bone loss
Call (972) 440-1980 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hardcastle. He’ll use high-tech tools like digital X-rays and 3D imaging to determine if you need bone grafting. As with any treatment in our office, you can take advantage of several payment options, including financing from CareCredit.
A Bone Graft Procedure Prepares You for Many Kinds of Implants
If you’d prefer to avoid a bone graft procedure, you may be able to get mini dental implants instead of full-sized ones. However, mini implants won’t support every dental restoration. Thanks to Dr. Hardcastle’s implant experience, we offer many different implant procedures, including:
- Single-Implant Crown – You’ll forget you even lost a tooth when you replace it with an implant restored with a dental crown.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – With a dental implant bridge, there’s no need to put crowns on your healthy teeth that surround the gap in your smile.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You won’t need to worry about dentures that slip and slide when your replacement teeth are attached to implants.
- Same-Day Smile – You’ll receive implants and a complete arch of replacement teeth in just one procedure.
For bone grafts in Dallas, call Village Dental Care at (972) 440-1980.