Some smiles benefit from a full smile makeover. Others require no more than small changes to look great. Dr. Michael Hardcastle can erase minor flaws with teeth contouring in Dallas. It’s helpful when you have a tooth or two that are longer than others or have uneven edges or similar imperfections.Doctor Hardcastle on Tooth Contouring and Crown Lengthening Read Transcript
For many people who are unhappy with their smile, there's a simple solution. Many times all that's necessary is reshaping some teeth that have worn unevenly, or there's just a variety of reasons that just a little touch-up of the shape might benefit them. We're always looking for the most conservative solution to satisfy that patient's goal of a more beautiful smile. And for many of those patients, reshaping the teeth or the edges of the teeth will allow that to happen.
Other times, what the chief complaint is that they show too much gum or the tooth looks too short. Crown lengthening, specifically cosmetic crown lengthening, sometimes also called a gum lift, can help expose more tooth structure that's just being hidden by the gum currently. If we have the opportunity to avoid more aggressive cosmetic dentistry by doing the simple process of cosmetic crown lengthening or reshaping the teeth, it's a fantastic solution. If you feel like that's something that might be in alignment with what you're looking for, come see us at Village Dental Care, and we can determine if that's the case.
A contouring procedure:
- Can usually be completed in just one visit
- Costs less than restorations like veneers or crowns
- Is minimally invasive
- Gives you a more balanced smile
- Can improve your bite, making it more comfortable to chew
Select the Right Cosmetic Procedure for Your Smile
You have several options for addressing flaws like small chips or dental wear and tear, including contouring, dental bonding, and dental veneers. To determine which will work best for your smile, you’ll want to consider several factors, including:
- Length of Teeth – Since we’ll remove a small amount of enamel, contouring works especially well for making teeth a bit shorter. If your teeth are already small, another treatment may be better for you.
- Overall Condition of Teeth – If your teeth are thin or would otherwise benefit from a treatment that adds strength, veneers may be a better choice.
- Flaws You Want to Correct – Veneers also often work better than contouring or bonding if you want to correct multiple flaws.
- Cost – Contouring is one of our most affordable cosmetic treatments.
We can also lengthen the look of too-short teeth by removing excess gum tissue with a crown lengthening procedure.
Stay Comfortable During Your Contouring Procedure
As with any treatment in our office, you can relax while we work with comforts like:
- Headphones for listening to music
- Soft pillows
- Cozy blankets
- Warm towels
For crown lengthening or teeth contouring in Dallas, call us today at (972) 440-1980. Our office is located at 7120 Campbell Road, Suite 109, near CVS Pharmacy.