You want people to notice your teeth, not your gums, when you smile. But if you have a “gummy” smile, your gums are all people may remember. Fortunately, we can expose more of your teeth with a simple gummy smile treatment in Dallas.Doctor Hardcastle on Gummy Smile Treatment Read Transcript
For a patient who's concerned about a gummy smile, many times, that patient is also a candidate for a great solution, which is called a gum lift or crown lengthening. Where a lot of times, they just have too much gum, and there's a lot of enamel that's being hidden by the gum tissue. The process of crown lengthening is a great solution for a patient with a gummy smile. So if you feel like that's you, come and see me at Village Dental Care, and I'd love to determine if that's appropriate for you.
A gum reshaping procedure will:
- Create a more attractive balance between teeth and gums
- Straighten out an uneven gumline
- Prepare your smile for restorations like veneers or crowns
- Enhance your smile’s appearance
- Improve your self-image
Ready to show more of your teeth when you smile? Call (972) 440-1980 to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentist.
Your Smile Looks Less Gummy When We Remove Excess Tissue
While there is no commonly accepted criteria for what makes a smile too gummy, it appears that way when your gums are longer than your teeth. Many cosmetic dentists consider two millimeters of gum showing to be an ideal smile. Anything more than that may appear to be gummy. You may want to consider gum recontouring if:
- You have a short upper lip
- You have very small teeth
- You have an excess of gum tissue
The procedure simply involves removing a small amount of gum tissue so your teeth look more prominent when you smile. We may also suggest treatment to make it easier for you to receive dental restorations like veneers or crowns.
We will numb your mouth with local anesthesia prior to your procedure. You can also opt to receive one of our two forms of sedation for added comfort: laughing gas or an oral sedative.
Address Other Aspects of Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry
Once your gums are less prominent, you may also be interested in some of our other cosmetic dental treatments.Your options include:
- Invisalign – Using special 3D design software, we’ll create an orthodontic treatment plan that uses a series of custom-made aligners to straighten your smile. Since the aligners are transparent, they won’t stand out in your smile.
- Dental Veneers – These custom-made restorations hide flaws like chips, staining, and gaps between teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Choose in-office whitening or home treatments.
- Dental Bonding – This treatment, which involves applying layers of tooth-colored resin to teeth, is another option for concealing flaws.
For gummy smile treatment in Dallas, call (972) 440-1980.